Blog | Robert Allen
Why Choose Faux Leather For Your Design Plans?
FAUX & FAB: 5 REASONS FAUX LEATHER BELONGS IN YOUR FALL DESIGN PLANS
Few materials can boast the versatility of leather. From sleek and sophisticated to casual and even a little cheeky, leather is a fabric with incredible “dramatic range,” able to take any design scheme up a stylistic notch.
When your design plans call for an easy to clean fabric for furniture, you can achieve the classic look and luxurious feel of leather for less with Robert Allen’s colorful array of faux leathers.
Ideal for upholstery in a private home office or a high-traffic hotel lobby and everything in between, our faux leathers are an innovative, eco-friendly alternative to authentic leather. Faux leather offers the same strength, elasticity and alluring appearance of the real thing, while upping the ante on breathability - and leaving room to breathe in any budget.
Here are five fabulous reasons to integrate faux leather into your design plans for the coming season.
- Durable – Faux Leather (synthetic leather) is extremely durable. It is extremely stain- and scratch-resistant, and it won’t crack or peel over time.
- Cruelty Free – Unlike real leather, which is made with animal hide, faux leather is a synthetic material created from a plastic base. This fabric is not vulnerable to stretch marks and scars, and will create a more uniform appearance.
- Attractive – Faux leather comes in a variety of textures and colors. Some can have a realistic textural grain effect and achieve dimension. Colors can range from neutrals to metallics to bright fashion-forward jewel tones. Faux leather is available in different gloss levels, from matte to high sheen. The possibilities are endless!
- Pliable – Due to the supple nature of faux leather, it is an upholsterer’s dream. The pliability makes the faux leather easy to work with when upholstering furniture.
- Easy To Clean – Faux leather is perfectly suited to compliance with CDC guidelines for cleaning and disinfecting. It can be easily wiped with a soft cloth, using water and soap, then disinfected with a bleach and water solution (80% water and 20% bleach) which meets the growing demand for COVID solution fabrics in the design industry.
For a chic yet comfortable look that “cleans up well,” faux leather is the fabric of our times. Visit our website or our Pinterest boards to explore our collection of faux leathers and vinyl upholstery fabrics. We offer endless options for color, texture and finish to suit any style or fit any space.
Don’t hesitate to contact us for more information about faux leather or any of our furniture and fabrics.